Corry Rubber Corporation product design engineers help our customers develop solutions for noise, vibration, shock, sealing, motion accommodation, and many other elastomer applications while achieving the best overall cost and meeting engineering performance criteria.
As a leading elastomer compounder and molder, we maintain a complete testing lab and prototyping facility. We are one of the few elastomer manufacturers who mixes and tests our elastomer batches on premise. Because of this, Corry Rubber possesses an extensive elastomer physical property and dynamic property database. These databases include the necessary constants to do non-linear finite element modeling of elastomeric components.
Our engineers consider product life, dynamic and static spring rate, damping properties, chemical and environmental exposure, odor, tensile strength, and other attributes in developing value-added solutions. Some of the design and testing technologies we use include:
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) with hyperelastic nonlinear material models to capture elastomer behavior
- 3D CAD Parametric Software
- 3D Elastomer Injection Molding Modeling Software
- Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- In-house lab equipment to validate elastomer performance criteria